Updated: January 7, 2020
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our conferences.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
We are the folks behind several technical conferences, including Flash Memory Summit, NVMe™ Developer Days, and MRAM Developer Day.
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so-for example, to register for our Events, to communicate with you, or to make our Events better.
Information You Provide to Us
It's probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Registration Information: When you register for any of our Events, we ask you for your email, phone, company, job title, and other registration details.
- Communications With Us (Hi There!): You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, emails, or communicate with us about a support question.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Log Information: Like most technical conferences, we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information. We collect log information when you browse one of our websites including FlashMemorySummit.com, NVMeDeveloperDay.com, MRAMDeveloperDay.com, and ConferenceConcepts.com.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our Events from certain geographic regions.
How And Why We Use Information
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Events, which helps us improve our Events and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising;
- To monitor and prevent any problems at our Events, protect the security of our Events, detect and prevent illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Conference ConCepts, Inc. and others, which may result in us declining a user access to our Events;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and information about our Events we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on the latest information about our Events; and
- To personalize your experience when participating in our Events, target our marketing messages to groups of our users (for example, those who have been our user for a certain length of time), and serve relevant content.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
- The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you or is necessary to administer your registration and participation in one or more of our Events; or
- The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
- The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
- We have a legitimate interest in using your information — for example, to provide and update our Events, to improve our Events so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard our Events, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with our Events, and to personalize your experience; or
- You have given us your consent-for example before we place certain cookies on your device and access and analyze them later on.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users' private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the demographics at our Events and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it-which are described in the section above on How and Why We Use Information-and we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
For example, we keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor to one of ConferenceConcepts websites, such as the visitor's IP address, browser type, and operating system, for approximately 30 days. We retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, analyze traffic to ConferenceConCepts, Inc. websites and investigate issues if something goes wrong on one of our websites.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our websites for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, Conference ConCepts, Inc. does not respond to "do not track" signals across all of our Events. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using Conference ConCepts websites, with the drawback that certain features of Conference ConCepts's websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
- Close Your Account: While we'd be very sad to see you go, if you no longer want to receive information about our Events, you can unsubscribe. Please UNSUBSCRIBE using the link at the bottom of each email from us. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain your information after closing your account, as described in How Long We Keep Information above-for example, when that information is reasonably needed to comply with (or demonstrate our compliance with) legal obligations such as law enforcement requests, or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the ‘GDPR’), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren't able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us to, well, find out how to reach us.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Controllers and Responsible Company
Conference ConCepts, Inc., a California corporation dba Flash Memory Summit™, dba NVMe™Developer Days, and dba MRAM Developer Day™, may be addressed to:
12463 Rancho Bernardo Road, #373
San Diego, CA 92128-2143 USA
How to Reach Us
That's it! Thanks for reading.